Game Design Online Course
Perfect for individuals to get started with the Basics of Game Design and Gamification. Over 44 lectures with videos, case studies, info-graphics and more. Lifetime Access, 30 Day money back guarantee*. The course works on most smartphones, desktops and tablets.
With over 1,000 students this online course is still one of the highest rated on Udemy. Thanks to everyone who signed up.
Course Lecture Previews
More About The Game Beyond Online Course
The Game Beyond is a crash course in Game Design. You will be taken through the 5 core steps that are needed to design compelling games.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Game Design to use in other markets or fields. If you are looking for more information on 'Gamification', this course will give you the core tools to really shine.
This course is based upon 15 years of higher education and Game Design experience. You will receive the equivalent of the first semester at a Game Design Master's program.
What will you learn?
The 5 core steps to designing games.
- How to define goals.
- Learn what feedback loops are and how do they affect the brain and habits.
- Learn what are the 3 rule sets needed to define your game.
- Understand how to change your game design using Narrative structures.
- Learn the different types of game players, and what they are attracted to in your game.
- In this course we will examine a number of award winning games and advertising case studies from around the world. You will learn the key processes and mechanics that are used in these cases.
- This course will introduce the affects and processes that games have on the Human Brain.
- You will examine historical events through the context of a Game Designer and understand how games have shaped the world we live in today.
- The only materials you need can be found in board games, card games or role playing games you have lying around. Start playing now and press "take this course".
What are the requirements?
- NO programming or computer skills are needed for this course.
- Have you played games as a child, teenager or adult? Some knowledge about basic games such as football, poker, chess is helpful in this course.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 44 lectures and 3 hours of content!
- Learn step by step Gamification methods for your business.
- This course will teach you the basics of Game Design. It is the equivalent to your first semester of Game Design at college level.
- The theory and skills taught in this course can be applied to Marketing, HR, Business Development, Education, Wellness and Sustainability sectors.
- You will design a Game to change your world for the better.
- You will learn the tricks of Game Designers, and become a better game player.
Who should take this course?
- If you want to become an Expert in Gamification, take this course.
- If you are skeptical about 'Gamification" you should take this course.
- This course is perfect for: teachers and educational professionals, health and wellness professionals, advertising and marketing professionals, entrepreneurs and C-Level managers.
- Do you enjoy playing games? Sports, card games, board games, video games? This course will teach you how to be a better player.
* Refunds are distributed and controlled by the Udemy Terms and Conditions.